Today, HigherEdJobs is the leading source for jobs and career information in academia. During 2013, more than 5,370 colleges and universities posted over 135,850 faculty, administrative and executive job postings to the company's web site. And, HigherEdJobs is now visited by over 1 million unique visitors a month.
HigherEdJobs was founded in 1996 by three university employees who felt there had to be an easier way to search and apply for jobs in academia. At the time, print ads still dominated how college faculty and staff searched for jobs -- a process that was laborious, time intensive, and slow. And, due to the high cost of print ads, institutions typically only listed (and candidates only saw) a fraction of their openings.
Jobboard Finder’s opinion
HigherEdJobs is an international job board for positions in academia;
- The site looks sophisticated and easy to use
- Searching for jobs is not as easy as it should be. You have to select a region or job sector before you can launch a general search
- Your initial search must be by category, location, school, or type.
- The home page offers career ressources and has a section dedicated to career news
- The job offers come from a wide range of countries but the only language option for the site in English